Make Music Altoona is a live, free musical celebration on June 21, the longest day of the year, with concerts on streets, sidewalks, and parks across the city.
Join the Make Music Celebration in Altoona!
Make Music Day is performed by anyone and enjoyed by everyone. Whether you are a professional musician or just musically curious there are multiple ways to participate.
Call up your friends for a jam session. Take a break from work for a harmonica lesson. Have a kazoo parade around your neighborhood park. Get your choir group to create a new Altoona theme song. Get creative. Venues can be anywhere. Performers can be anyone.
Most importantly, get out there and make music!
How to get involved.
- Save the date: Friday, June 21, 2019.
- Drop-in at one of the Mass-Appeal music making events happening on June 21, or
- Set up your own event.
Setting up your own event is easy. Here’s how.
Register online by May 21, 2019 using the Make Music registration and match-making platform and create a brief profile.
If you have a location already, great! If you have confirmed performers already, great! Enter your information to show up in the listings.
Don’t have a location or looking for performers? That’s okay, you can find one using the Make Music registration and match-making platform by following the instructions below.
Helpful Note: This platform works like a dating website, it is up to you to reach out and set up the details of your performance “date”. Making a request increases your chances of a performance.
- Create your profile by submitting a photo, description of your act, and any relevant website/social media links.
- Check out the available venues and bid on one that will fit your needs.
- When the venue confirms your request, your event will show up in the online listings.
- Stay in touch with the venue to make sure everything is set for your performance on June 21.
- Create a profile by submitting your location information and a description of the space.
- Check out the musician profiles and request a performance with one that fits your space.
- Confirm the connection when the artist accepts and your event will show up in the online listings.
- Stay in touch with the musician and make sure your space is ready to go on June 21.
Please note, some venues may require permits. We will work with you to determine requirements, but contact us early. Also, please don’t register a venue you don’t own, operate, or manage. If you are interested in a particular location, contact us and we look into its availability.
Questions? Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org!
Celebrated internationally, Make Music Day is a free, outdoor day of music held on the summer solstice, June 21. Altoona is thrilled to join the celebration for the first time this year with performances taking place citywide from sunrise to sunset.
Completely different from a typical music festival, Make Music Altoona is open to anyone who wants to take part. The spirit of the day is that of a holiday: people getting together in their own neighborhoods, creating their own musical events in a do-it-yourself fashion.
Every kind of musician — young and old, amateur and professional, of every musical persuasion — is encouraged to take part by filling Altoona’s parks, plazas, and public spaces with music and share the joy of music making with friends, neighbors, and strangers.
All events are free and open to the public.
Make Music Altoona is facilitated by ArtsAltoona and local partnerships. The event is free and open to the public. Community partnerships and support make it possible!
We are proud to be a part of the national Make Music Alliance.
Local Partner Organizations
Local Partner Companies
Get in touch with us at email@example.com