Join the Make Music Celebration in Altoona!
Make Music Day is performed by anyone and enjoyed by everyone. Whether you are a professional musician or just musically curious there are multiple ways to participate.
Call up your friends for a jam session. Take a break from work for a harmonica lesson. Have a kazoo parade around your neighborhood park. Get your choir group to create a new Altoona theme song. Get creative. Venues can be anywhere. Performers can be anyone.
Most importantly, get out there and make music!
How to get involved.
- Save the date: Friday, June 21, 2020.
- Drop-in at one of the Mass-Appeal music making events happening on June 21, or
- Set up your own event.
Setting up your own event is easy. Here’s how.
Register online by June 17th, 2020 using the Make Music registration and match-making platform and create a brief profile.
If you have a location already, great! If you have confirmed performers already, great! Enter your information to show up in the listings.
Don’t have a location or looking for performers? That’s okay, you can find one using the Make Music registration and match-making platform by following the instructions below.
Helpful Note: This platform works like a dating website, it is up to you to reach out and set up the details of your performance “date”. Making a request increases your chances of a performance. Please note that for 2020, we have disabled this feature. Until Gov. Wolf lifts the aggressive mitigation classification in Blair County we will not be able to coordinate in-person events.
- Create your profile by submitting a photo, description of your act, and any relevant website/social media links.
- Be sure to set up and test your streaming setup prior to Make Music Day
- If you’re performing at home, be sure to let your neighbors know!
Questions? Contact us at email@example.com!