5 tips for sharing your Make Music Hartford performance with the world!
- Post the event to your website. Add Make Music Hartford to:
- Your event calendar
- Website banner
- Facebook cover photo
- Anywhere else you can promote your participation
- Send e–blasts. Send event information to everyone on your mailing list
- Let them know that you’re participating in Make Music Hartford
- You can use this line: “Make Music Hartford is a one day, free celebration of music taking place in Hartford and around the world on June 21st. Learn more at www.makemusicday.org/hartford “
- Set up a Facebook event. Invite everyone you know!
- Create a title that describes your event. Example: “The John Doe Trio at Best Restaurant for Make Music Hartford”
- Add the Greater Hartford Arts Council as an event co-host so we can help promote it
- Add this line to your event description: “This event is part of Make Music Hartford, which is organized by the Greater Hartford Arts Council. Find more than 80 free Make Music Hartford events at MakeMusicDay.org/Hartford”
- Add the official Make Music Hartford website to your event description: MakeMusicDay.org/Hartford
- Share posts on social media using hashtags. Social media is a great way to get the word out!
- Share how you’re preparing for Make Music Hartford. We’d love to share rehearsal videos from musicians or restaurants planning their cocktails for the Cocktail Trail!
- Tag the Arts Council so it will be easier for us to share your post: (Instagram: @letsgoarts) (Twitter: @letsgoarts_org).
- Use the hashtags #makemusichartford and #makemusicday
- Hang a poster.
- Our Street Team will deliver posters to participating venues and other local businesses
- Starting in May, posters will be available for pick up on Tuesdays and Thursdays between 10am and 5pm at the Greater Hartford Arts Council’s office, located at 100 Pearl Street in downtown Hartford
If musicians or venues decide to make their own flyers to promote their show or event, we ask that the Make Music Hartford logo be included on all print materials. Color codes for the Make Music Hartford logo and guidelines can be found HERE. Logos with transparent and white backgrounds can be downloaded below: