Join the Make Music Celebration in San Jose!
Make Music Day is performed by anyone and enjoyed by everyone. Whether you are a professional musician or just musically curious there are multiple ways to participate.
Call up your friends for a jam session. Take a break from work for a harmonica lesson. Have a kazoo parade around your neighborhood park. Get your choir group to create a new San Jose theme song. Get creative. Venues can be anywhere. Performers can be anyone.
Most importantly, get out there and make music!
We had a great time during Make Music San Jose 2018. Are you interested in getting involved in 2019?
How to get involved.
- Save the date: Friday, June 21, 2019.
- Drop-in at one of the participatory Play-Along music making events happening on June 21, or
- Set up your own event.
Setting up your own event is easy. Here’s how.
Register online between March 1, 2019 and May 21, 2019 using the Make Music match-making platform and create a brief profile.
If you have a location already, great! If you have confirmed performers already, great! Enter your information to show up in the listings.
Don’t have a location or looking for performers? That’s okay, you can find one using the Make Music match-making platform by following the instructions below.
Helpful Note: This platform works like a dating website, it is up to you to reach out and set up the details of your performance “date”. Making a request increases your chances of a performance.
- Create your profile by submitting a photo, description of your act, and any relevant website/social media links.
- Check out the available venues and bid on one that will fit your needs.
- When the venue confirms your request, your event will show up in the online listings.
- Stay in touch with the venue to make sure everything is set for your performance on June 21.
- Create a profile by submitting your location information and a description of the space.
- Check out the musician profiles and request a performance with one that fits your space.
- Confirm the connection when the artist accepts and your event will show up in the online listings.
- Stay in touch with the musician and make sure your space is ready to go on June 21.
Please note, some venues may require permits. We will work with you to determine requirements, but contact us early. Also, please don’t register a venue you don’t own, operate, or manage. If you are interested in a particular location, contact us and we look into its availability.
*Registration to be in the listings for 2019 will open on March 1, 2019, but that doesn’t mean that you can’t start planning now. Contact us at email@example.com if you have an idea for an event.
Questions? Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call at 408-793-4347