Make Music Seattle - part of annual Make Music Day, provides opportunities to participate in and observe FREE live music at public venues across the city on the longest day of the year, June 21st.
JUNE 21: Make Music Day is a free celebration of music around the world always held on Summer Solstice, June 21st. Launched in 1982 in France as the Fête de la Musique, it is now held on the same day in more than 700 cities in 120 countries. Completely different from a typical music festival, Make Music is open to anyone who wants to take part. All of it is free and participatory for everyone, all ages and genres, all live performances, at multiple venues and public spaces. Make Music Seattle is a stage that’s open and welcome to everyone.
Although this celebration has been going on for over 30 years around the world, this is just the third year for Make Music Day in Seattle. Make Music Seattle, a local non-profit organization, was created in 2015 to celebrate music in Seattle, the City of Music. Make Music Day is presented by the NAMM Foundation and coordinated by the nonprofit Make Music Alliance.
Sponsored by Verity Credit Union, Seattle Parks and Recreation, Downtown Seattle Association, American Music, Seafair, and Gigs4U with support from Seattle Office of Film + Music, Office of Arts & Culture Seattle as part of the Seattle City of Music initiative. Artwork by Mark Noterman.
Sign up today to be a part of Make Music Seattle 2017 as a performer or as a venue!
2017 Listings: Wednesday, June 21st
• #livemusic performances at Verity Credit Union branches: Lynnwood, Ballard, Wallingford, Greenwood, Auburn from 12-2pm.
• Make Music Day at Music Works Northwest! Bellevue; interactive activities all day. www.musicworksnw.org
• Vocal Lessons – The Vocalist Studio in Belltown, 12-2 & 2-4pm. thevocaliststudio.com
• Songwriters in Seattle showcase and open mic at Kennelly Keys Music. Lake City Way, 3-7pm. www.meetup.com/SongwritersInSeattle/events/240443217/
• #Youth Jam at School of Rock Seattle 6-8pm.
• Join Seattle Hand Drummers at Roy’s Place Rehearsal Studios & Recital Hall -Lynnwood, 3-6pm. www.seattlehanddrummers.org
Westlake Park Events:
Westlake Park is located at 4th & Pine in Downtown Seattle
• 11:30-1:30 Performance by Champagne Sunday, then 1:30-2:30pm #harmonica + ukelele lessons led by the duo (harmonicas provided). www.champagnesunday.com
• 2:30-4p: #AllAges #AllGenres #OpenMic. Apply for a time slot:https://matchseattle.makemusicday.org
• 4-5p: Kids on Violins, by BJ Montoya Violin Studio. www.bjviolin.com
• 5-7pm Mo’ Jam Presents #Improv music #jam. (Backline provided, bring your axe.) www.facebook.com/MoJamPresents/
• 7-8:30pm: The Coolout Network. Northwest Hip Hop Culture and Music “Clash of the MCs”. #PNW #HipHop Culture and Music.
A semi-secret #Boomwhackers interactive pop-up (Email for details).
Mobile #DJ booth by The DJ Sessions www.thedjsessions.com
Ultimate Music Mix & sound services by DJ Spindoctor.
Experimental drum kit supplied by 101 Percussion.
This event can’t happen without your support!
Play YOUR part in a very special musical experience.
Make Music Day is a grand collaboration of musicians, music professionals, business owners, community centers, event producers and more; everyone, yes, everyone is invited! New and innovative programming concepts are encouraged. Make Music Seattle is music on an extremely broad scale created by people with open minds and big hearts. The goal is to bring communities together through a very simple thing: Listening and creating art together. Music is for everyone, not just the perfect pitched elite.
Make Music Seattle will have an impact as simple as an over-the-back-fence chat, but as deep as the Big Bertha tunnel. When communities come together and share the experience of live performance, resentments and misunderstandings melt. They, after all, have created something together! Individuals of all ages and ethnicities will be musically engaged; doors will be opened to new experiences and ideas. When one person is inspired and educated, it enriches the culture of the whole community.
Top 3 Reasons to Sponsor Make Music Seattle
- Reach a broad & diverse demographic.
- Support your neighborhood.
- Support a musician and the arts in general.
We have a variety of opportunities.
Questions? Comments? Contact us Today!
2016 Make Music Day
We want to hear from YOU!
Or contact us directly…
Project Manager: Karen “KZ” Zamm
Board President: Ed Beeson
Artist Relations & Programming: Ramona Lisa Grotte