Make Music Wyoming County is a live, free musical celebration on June 21, the longest day of the year, with concerts on streets, businesses, offices, sidewalks, and parks across the city.
Make Music Day will take place on June 21, the longest day of sunlight all year. It’s a worldwide event to celebrate music. This year, the Arts Council for Wyoming County is celebrating art and music “close to home” and through Make Music Day Wyoming County, we are hoping to bring music as close as we can to people throughout the area – in businesses and offices and parks.
Wyoming County is a rural county in the heart of Western New York. A county with sixteen towns, and we are also home to Letchworth State Park. We’re located about an hour from both downtown Buffalo and Rochester and around an hour and a half from Corning. We invite you to see what’s playing on Make Music Day Wyoming County.
If you are interested in participating as a musician or a venue, please look at the information below.
We are excited to Make Music part of your Day on June 21.
Welcome to Make Music Day Wyoming County!
2017 is the first year that Wyoming County is celebrating Make Music Day. We’re a rural county in Western New York that is home to Letchworth State Park, the Oatka Creek, Silver Lake, and acres of farmland. We’re also home to many musicians and artists.
What is Make Music Day Wyoming County?
Through the Arts Council for Wyoming County, Make Music Day Wyoming County is providing a way for people to play music in public to share their art as well as learn new instruments. We consider it a day to celebrate music.
Are you excited about performing or learning an instrument?
We’re up to eight venues for Make Music Day Wyoming County – join us in any of these amazing events!
- Arts Council for Wyoming County, 31 South Main Street, Perry, NY 14530 Sign up and play the Steinway from 9:00 a.m. to 6:30 p.m.
- Perry Public Library, 70 North Main St, Perry, NY 14530 Two Events: Play music in the quietest place in Perry from 11 a.m. to 8 p.m. – Mark Grover (guitar) live music at 5:30 p.m.
- Yummies Ice Cream, 12 Center St, Warsaw, NY 14569 – Lunch Drum Circle and Lessons with Jackie Hoyt from 12:00 p.m. to 1:00 p.m.
- Western New York Rural Area Health Education Center, 20 Duncan Street, Warsaw, NY 14549 – Hohner Harmonica Lessons with Larry Hoyt starting at noon – attend and receive a free harmonica!
- Perry Public Beach, 42 Walker Road, Silver Lake, NY 14549 – “Wake up the Sea Serpent” Drum Circle – 7:00 p.m.
- Burlingham Books, 2 S Main St, Perry, NY 14530 – Ernie Lawrence (guitar) live music 1:30 p.m. – 3:00 p.m., Open Mic all day
- Rural Arts Center, 21-23 South Main Street, Perry, New York, NY 14530 – Ernie Lawrence (guitar) live music 4:30 p.m. – 6:00 p.m.
- Little Red Caboose, 571 W Main St, Arcade, NY 14009, “Dyno Don with Music Memories” from 5:00 -8:30pm
Do you want to host musicians at your place of business?
It’s very easy. All you need to provide is a space, a plug, or even some instruments, you can be a Make Music Day Wyoming County venue.
Please contact Pilar McKay at the Arts Council for Wyoming County at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you’d like offer financial support for this county-wide event, please contact the Arts Council for Wyoming County by calling (585) 237-3517 ext. 103.
For more information or to volunteer, please email Pilar McKay at email@example.com