Make Music Day is the perfect opportunity to pick up an instrument for the first time… or to learn new techniques from a master.
This year, many of our national partners are joining forces for a free, day-long Music Lesson Marathon, with sessions for beginners as well as master classes from – truly – some of the world's finest players.
- Brass Lessons from Jupiter, with bandleader John Fedchock, lead trumpeter Roger Ingram, and "Breathing Gym" author Patrick Sheridan
- Ukulele Lessons from Flight, with uke sensations Tyler Ten Thumbs and Les Chats
- Harmonica Lessons from Hohner, with blues legend Dennis Gruenling, jazz star Yvonnick Prene, and master teacher Ronnie Shellist
- Interactive Children's Music Lessons from Nuvo, featuring teachers from Slippery Rock University and early childhood music specialists
- Piano Lessons from Music Teachers National Association, with tango expert Kacey Link and "Teacher of the Year" Alison Barr
- Music Production Lessons from Dance Music Initiative, with concert lighting designer RTG and techno producer Resonance
And if that isn't enough to keep you busy, the JackTrip Foundation is presenting a full day session on their open source, low latency audio technology.