Make Music Beloit inaugural launch is Wednesday, June 21, 2023. The city will come alive with music in the streets, parks, offices, schools, and unique venues near you!
Make Music Beloit is a free, citywide, day of music held annually on the summer solstice. Our festival is part of the larger Make Music Day, an international summer solstice music celebration occurring in 1,000+ cities across the globe. Did you know that Wisconsin has more cities participating in Make Music Day than any other state in the United States?
Make Music Beloit is:
- Performed by Anyone, Enjoyed by Everyone.
- A way to celebrate the summer solstice, enjoy the longest day of the year, and sample a wide variety of musical styles and tastes.
- A DIY city-wide celebration when almost any way to make music can and will happen.
- Open to music makers of all ages, skill levels, and musical interests.
- In 2023, a total of 34 performances are scheduled (with more to happen spontaneously!) by 24 different artists or groups at 13 unique venues.
Annually on June 21
Thirteen different venues are participating in 2023
Who is Make Music Beloit?
Celestino Ruffini, Tracy Bliss, and Tyechia Price of Visit Beloit
Brenda Plakans of Welty Environmental Center
Shauna El-Amin of Downtown Beloit Association
Nancy Clark-Mather of Beloit FilmWorks LLC
Jody Wittnebel of The Castle
Julie Uram of Nature at the Confluence
To join our group of volunteers for outreach, publicity, sponsorships, and planning, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.