Make Music Day 2020
Virtual Video Wall project
For Make Music Day this year, we are asking for every musician within the region to post a video of themselves playing to a virtual video wall. Can we count on you? No contest. No Games. Just Music. Now, more than ever, music is the answer everyone can hear. We ask that you upload a video anytime before Sunday, June 21st and we will organize everyone to SHARE your VIDEO at the same time on that day. We can make an “inclosion” (soon to be in Urban Dictionary as an explosive inclusion).
This project is open to everyone who makes music. There is no other requirement except the will and chill it takes to post a video of your being musical before June 21 (Make Music Day). We can accept YouTube links or Vimeo links. The entrant is solely responsible for assuring that the link to their song works.
We invite you to send us your video today. If you have any questions about the StreamCatcher projects or would like to support projects like this, please email email@example.com.
Read more about the virtual wall and post your video HERE.
Virtual Community Day
It’s a whole weekend of celebrating music in the DMV and we want you to be a part of it! Next Saturday (June 20) is all about how-to’s…how to write a song, how to perform it and get noticed, how to play tasty leads, how balance between art and craft, how to prepare for a recording session, how to work with your sound engineer, and more workshops and song circles. All online and all but two events are free.
We have a full day of workshops, sing-alongs, song circles, song critiques. Plus recording, singing, and performing demonstrations. Pro advice from industry leaders. With a few celebrities from the LA music scene to boot! All online.
With Celebrity teachers like: Jason Orme (Alanis Morrisette’s guitarist), Ben Peeler (virtuoso Founding member of The Mavericks). Songwriting with Louise Goffin. The daughter of Carol King and Gerry Goffin has an ear for music and can turn a phrase in equal measure. She will be talking about songwriting to at least 20 lucky registrants. Click on the links below for more information and to register:
– Songwriting with Louise Goffin
– Follow My Lead: Ben Peeler and Jason Orme
– Song Performance Workshop with Lynn Veronneau
– Art vs Craft with rob Hinkal
– Rise Up Singing Song Circle
– First Impressions panel with Ron Goad
– Manage This! With Tom Carrico
– Songwriting: From the Starting Gate to the Finish Line
– Chord Grammar with Matt Holsen
– Uke Workshop with Glen Hirabayashi
– More Me in the Monitor
– Song Circle with Dan Mack
– Song Circle with Diana Quinn and Lisa Ann Wright
– Mixing with the Pros @ Omega
– Maximize your Studio Experience with Dave Mallen of Innovation Station Music