Make Music Day DC
For Make Music Day, we are asking for every musician within the region to post a video of themselves playing to a virtual video wall. Can we count on you? No contest. No Games. Just Music. Now, more than ever, music is the answer everyone can hear. We ask that you upload a video anytime before Sunday, June 21st and we will organize everyone to SHARE your VIDEO at the same time on that day. We can make an “inclosion” (soon to be in Urban Dictionary as an explosive inclusion).
Here’s how THE VIDEO WALL works:
- So we can coordinate with you, register for an account on StreamCatcher
- Submit up to 3 videos of your music.
- We will add your video to the wall with the info you provide
- Check out the other videos and please share the video wall liberally and often,
- On 6/21, when all over the world people will be celebrating from isolation but in concert. We will mail instructions to everyone we can to coordinate “flash mobs” of music as we share your work and make the internet all about music and you.
This project is open to everyone who makes music. There is no other requirement except the will and chill it takes to post a video of your being musical before June 21 (Make Music Day). We can accept YouTube links or Vimeo links. The entrant is solely responsible for assuring that the link to their song works.
We invite you to send us your video today. If you have any questions about the StreamCatcher projects or would like to support projects like this, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Community Day 2020: Coming Saturday, June 20 to a computer (very) near you!
SAW will host the first ever Virtual Community Day on Saturday, June 20th. We have a full day of workshops, sing-alongs, song circles, song critiques. Plus recording, singing, and performing demonstrations. Pro advice from industry leaders. With a few celebrities from the LA music scene to boot! All online.
With Celebrity teachers like: Jason Orme (Alanis Morrisette’s guitarist), Ben Peeler (virtuoso Founding member of The Mavericks). Songwriting with Louise Goffin. The daughter of Carol King and Gerry Goffin has an ear for music and can turn a phrase in equal measure. She will be talking about songwriting to at least 20 lucky registrants. Click on the links below for more info and to register.
– Songwriting with Louise Goffin
– Follow My Lead: Ben Peeler and Jason Orme
– Song Performance Workshop with Lynn Veronneau
– Art vs Craft with rob Hinkal
– Rise Up Singing Song Circle
– First Impressions panel with Ron Goad
– Manage This! With Tom Carrico
– Songwriting: From the Starting Gate to the Finish Line
– Chord Grammar with Matt Holsen
– Uke Workshop with Glen Hirabayashi
– More Me in the Monitor
– Song Circle with Dan Mack
– Song Circle with Diana Quinn and Lisa Ann Wright
– Mixing with the Pros @ Omega
– Maximize your Studio Experience with Dave Mallen of Innovation Station Music