Make Music Florence is a free, citywide day of music held annually on June 21st, the longest day of the year. Our Inaugural Make Music Day festival is part of the larger Make Music Day, an international summer solstice music celebration occurring in 1,000+ cities across the globe. We hope this year, coffee shops, restaurants, retail shops, centers of worship, front porches, parks, and other locations across Florence will fill with music for everyone to enjoy!
- Music “Performed by Anyone, Enjoyed by Everyone.”
- A celebration of the summer solstice and the longest day of the year.
- A buffet of musical merriment.
- A DIY city-wide fest where anyway to make music can and will happen.
- Open to music makers of all ages, skill levels, and musical persuasions.
Annually on June 21st
Throughout the City of Florence!
- Jerry Foster, Florence Academy of Fine Arts Director
- Mayor Andrew Betterton, City of Florence
- Abby Carpenter, Florence-Lauderdale Public Library Director
- Sam Mashburn, Shoals Chamber Public Policy & Governmental Relations Director
- Rachel Koonce, City of Florence Media & Sustainability
- Mike Adams, Florence Parks & Recreation Programs Manager
- Amy Edwards, Florence Parks & Recreation Coordinator
- Rhiannon Clark, Florence Arts & Museums
- Chris Stangel, Downtown Florence Alliance Director
- Dr. Butler Cain, UNA Assistant Vice Provost for International Affairs
- Libby Jordan, Florence Arts & Museums Director