Welcome Music lovers and friends! Make Music Day is June 21st every year! This year, 2023, MMD is a Wednesday!. Music will happen live, virtually, on Facebook and around the world. Stay tuned!
Make Music Day Green Bay is part of the international Fête de la Musique, taking place in 800 cities across 120 countries every year on June 21. It is designed to celebrate the joy of music in all its forms. We encourage everyone to find their inner musician! Grab an instrument, make an instrument, find some pots and pans, form a jam band, or join forces with others to play free public “concerts” wherever you can, wherever you are!
In the U.S., Make Music Day is presented by The NAMM Foundation, and coordinated by the Make Music Alliance. This year, more than 65 U.S. cities are organizing Make Music Day celebrations, encompassing thousands of concerts nationwide.
In 2023 our celebration takes place on a Wednesday, June 21st! Coffee shops, restaurants, front porches, city parks, and businesses all over the greater Green Bay area will fill their locations with song and music. Brunch patrons may find themselves entertained by a middle school string quartet. Residents will travel all over the city to see new sites and enjoy live music. Neighborhoods will ripple with song and laughter as families ‘play’ along. Music uplifts the spirit, calms anxiety, gives voice to emotions, delights the senses, creates joy, and builds community! Everyone benefits when we share in this celebration together!
Make Music GREEN BAY is:
- Performed by Anyone, Enjoyed by Everyone.
- A way for all Green Bay residents to celebrate the summer solstice, enjoying the longest day of the year, while sampling a buffet of musical merriment.
- A DIY city-wide celebration when almost any form of music making can and will happen.
- Open to music makers of all ages, skill levels, and musical persuasions. The more creative, the better! Silly faces, funny places, and wacky numbers are a plus!!
- A free day where permission is granted to sing off tune, make noise, think outside the beatbox and laugh out loud!
Make Music Day | June 21
(keep scrolling down to see who’s scheduled to play! Schedule will be posted as listings come in!)
Join the music making merriment! It’s as easy as 1,2,3 or Do Re Mi!
1. Be a performer-make some music! Register your “event,” and your performance on our ‘matchmaking site’. Let us know who you are, what type of music you plan to offer and your location if you’ve chosen one!
2. Be a Host! Many venues open up their space for a local performer or invite the public in for a jam session. These are restaurants, pubs, shops, parks, neighborhoods, porches, daycare centers, zoos, sports fields, docks, beaches,etc. The only limit to a ‘venue’ is your imaginations!
3. Be a supporter, fan or participant- Check out the listings as they occur and go support your local musician or your favorite venue! Map and Listings will follow as things unfold
IMPORTANT: If you are an artist/musician without a venue or a venue without an musician, create a profile on the ‘matchmaking site’ so we can bring all this lovely music together! It’s very easy! If you need help, reach out to the support team here and we will guide you through!
Follow this link to the matchmaking website.
** PLEASE MAKE SURE TO FOLLOW ALL GUIDELINES SET FORTH BY THE STATE REGARDING COVID-19.
Schedule for Green Bay & National events TBD
Follow this link to the matchmaking website.
Have you got an idea for a performance, an event, a public happening? Do you have questions about this fun day of Music? Do you want to contribute in some way so Music and the arts are accessible and enjoyed by all? Get in touch with us at GreenBay@makemusicday.org
If you prefer to speak with an actual human, feel free to call Lori! (920)819-7716 or email at LMCuene@gmail.com Happy to help provide answers or direct you to more information!
Together we are stronger!
Make Music Green Bay is a volunteer-organized event and thrives on the support of our community.
What does it cost and where does the money go? The cost of bringing the concerts to our venues across Green Bay in one day is roughly over $1,000.
The work of a small army of volunteers is needed to pull this off on such a limited budget, but unavoidable costs remain, including: publicity and advertising that are critical to the success of the event, software development for the matchmaking system, and many volunteers to handle the administrative aspects of the nonprofit organization.
Help cover these costs, and be part of bringing the musical merriment to the summer solstice!
Checks can be sent to:
Make Music Green Bay
Mosaic Arts Inc
PO Box 1344
Green Bay, WI 54305
Make Music Green Bay is affiliated with Mosaic Arts, Inc., a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization; all contributions are tax deductible, as allowed by law.