Make Music Day Green Bay is part of the international Fête de la Musique, taking place in 800 cities across 120 countries every year on June 21. It is designed to celebrate the joy of music in all its forms. We encourage everyone to find their inner musician! Grab an instrument, make an instrument, find some pots and pans, form a jam band, or join forces with others to play free public “concerts” wherever you can, wherever you are!
In the U.S., Make Music Day is presented by The NAMM Foundation, and coordinated by the Make Music Alliance. This year, more than 65 U.S. cities are organizing Make Music Day celebrations, encompassing thousands of concerts nationwide.
In 2021 our celebration takes place on a Monday, June 21st! Coffee shops, restaurants, front porches, city parks, and businesses all over greater Green Bay will fill their locations with song and music. Brunch patrons may find themselves entertained by a middle school string quartet. Residents will travel all over the city to see new neighborhoods and enjoy live music. Nursing home residents, long confined to the indoors, will be touched by window serenades. Neighbors will ripple with song and laughter as families ‘play’ along. Music uplifts the spirit, calms anxiety, gives voice to emotions, delights the senses, creates joy, and builds community! Everyone benefits when we share in this celebration together!
Make Music GREEN BAY is:
- Performed by Anyone, Enjoyed by Everyone.
- A way for all Green Bay residents to celebrate the summer solstice, enjoying the longest day of the year, while sampling a buffet of musical merriment.
- A DIY city-wide celebration when almost any way to make music can and will happen.
- Open to music makers of all ages, skill levels, and musical persuasions.The more creative, the better! Silly faces, funny places, and wacky numbers are a plus!!
- A free day where permission is granted to sing off tune, make noise, think outside the beatbox and laugh out loud!