Make Music La Crosse is a live, free musical celebration on the Solstice (June 21 or December 21) with concerts on streets, sidewalks, and parks across the city.
Make Music La Crosse is a free, citywide, outdoor day of music to be held annually on the summer and winter solstice, June 21 and December 21. Make Music La Crosse is part of the larger Make Music Day, an international celebration occurring in 1,000+ cities across the globe.
Make Music Winter will take place on Tuesday, December 21, 2021 in a new, indoor, performing arts storefront stage window called ‘Fourth Street Stage’ 400 Main Street, Ste. 101 located on 4th Street between Duluth Trading Co. and The Root Note.
Email email@example.com if you have questions or would like to sign up to perform. Performances will be 30 minutes/performer with a 15-minute teardown/set up between each musical act. Make Music Winter will take place in a new, indoor, performing arts storefront stage window, located on 400 Main Street, Ste. 101.
December 21, 2021 Participants:
- OPEN at 10:00-10:30 am
- OPEN at 10:45-11:15 am
- Hammered Dulcimer Music at 11:30-12:00 pm
- Driftless Dulcimers at 12:15-12:45 pm
- Peter J. Kish at 1:00 -1:30 pm
- OPEN at 1:45-2:15 pm
- OPEN at 2:30-3:00 pm
- James Grant at 3:15-3:45 pm
- Alex Toast at 4:00-4:30 pm
- CC Herling at 4:45-5:15 pm
- OPEN at 5:30-6:00 pm
- Dublin’s Daughters at 6:15-6:45 pm
The Inaugural Make Music Day La Crosse was held on Monday, June 21st, 2021. A variety of locations across La Crosse were filled with song for everyone to enjoy! June 21, 2021 Participants:
- The Mural at the Pump House: Old Town Dulcimers 10:30-12 pm, Craig McClelland 12-12:30 pm, James Grant 12:30-1:30 pm, One More Onion 3:00-4:00 pm, The Lavender Project 4:00-5:00 pm, Boyle and Johnson 5:30-6:00 pm, Michael Zernia 6:00-7:00 pm, Fly Casual 7:00-8:00 pm
- Leithold Music will have a piano available for playing in front of their store, anybody is welcome to stop by and play a tune! Take your picture or a video and post it to the Make Music La Crosse Facebook Event Here
- Downtown Main Street Inc.: Melody and Harmony 12:30-1:30 pm, DJ Jeremy Light 4:00-5:00 pm
- 23rd and Pine Street, La Crosse, WI: The Last Men 3:00-5:00 pm
- Hamilton Elementary/SOTA I is hosting a SOLS: Solar on La Crosse Schools event on Monday, June 21st. The band 3 Dads will be performing, along with student musicians Izzy, Rowan, Soren, and Andre from 4:00-6:00 pm
- Bluff View Park: Peter J. Kish 4:00-8:00 pm
- Riverside International Friendship Gardens: Dublin’s Daughters 7:00-8:30 pm
- Larson’s General pop in and play
- 305 S. 29th St. La Crosse, WI: Guy Herling 7:00-8:00 pm
This is an open invitation for La Crosse’s musicians of all abilites, ages, and instruments to share their music with others- friends, neighbors, passers-by, and even other musicians!
Email firstname.lastname@example.org to sign up for a time to perform or with any questions you may have. Performances will be 30 minutes in length with a 15-minute setup/tear down in between each musician. Performance times are limited availability and first-come, first-serve.
The deadline to sign up is December 17, 2021.
Make Music Winter takes place on the winter solstice, Tuesday, December 21, 2021, in a new, indoor, performing arts storefront window stage, located on 4th Street in Downtown La Crosse, WI.
2021 Listings: Monday, June 21st
We are grateful for every single person, group and venue who participated in the first ever Make Music La Crosse on June 21, 2021. Together, we created a joyful, global celebration of music and community. A big thank you to Jamie Groth, who volunteered his time and talents as a sound tech and provided the PA system that was used for all acts playing at The Pump House mural during the inaugural Make Music La Crosse on June 21, 2021.
Thank you to AARP Wisconsin for your sponsorship of Make Music La Crosse.
Brought to you by the Pump House Regional Arts Center.
Get in touch with us at email@example.com, call the Pump House Regional Arts Center at 1-608-785-1434, or visit us in person at the Pump House Regional Arts Center, 119 King Street, La Crosse, WI.