Make Music La Crosse is a live, free musical celebration on the Summer Solstice, Tuesday, June 21st with concerts on streets, sidewalks, and parks across the city and beyond.
Make Music La Crosse is a free, citywide, outdoor day of music to be held annually on the summer and winter solstice, June 21 and December 21. Make Music La Crosse is part of the larger Make Music Day, an international celebration occurring in 1,000+ cities across the globe.
Sign up online to play music where you are or to match with a venue looking for a performer.
Make Music Winter will take place on Tuesday, December 21, 2021 in a new, indoor, performing arts storefront stage window called ‘4th Street Stage’ located in the former Doerflinger Building, on 4th Street between Duluth Trading Co. and The Root Note.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions or would like to sign up to perform. Performances will be 30 minutes/performer with a 15-minute teardown/set up between each musical act.
December 21, 2021 Participants:
- OPEN at 10:00-10:30 am
- Chauncey at 10:45-11:15 am
- Hammered Dulcimer & Flute Music at 11:30-12:00 pm
- Driftless Dulcimers at 12:15-12:45 pm
- Peter J. Kish at 1:00 -1:30 pm
- Tri-State Accordion Club at 1:45-2:15 pm
- WRST at 2:30-3:00 pm
- James Grant at 3:15-3:45 pm
- Alex Toast at 4:00-4:30 pm
- CC Herling at 4:45-5:15 pm
- Aether Quartet at 5:30-6:00 pm
- Dublin’s Daughters at 6:15-6:45 pm
The PFC String Band will be playing at the People’s Food Co-op from 3:00-4:30 pm
Pictures of the 4th Street Stage location (currently under construction)
The Inaugural Make Music Day La Crosse was held on Monday, June 21st, 2021. A variety of locations across La Crosse were filled with song for everyone to enjoy! June 21, 2021 Participants:
- The Mural at the Pump House: Old Town Dulcimers 10:30-12 pm, Craig McClelland 12-12:30 pm, James Grant 12:30-1:30 pm, One More Onion 3:00-4:00 pm, The Lavender Project 4:00-5:00 pm, Boyle and Johnson 5:30-6:00 pm, Michael Zernia 6:00-7:00 pm, Fly Casual 7:00-8:00 pm
- Leithold Music will have a piano available for playing in front of their store, anybody is welcome to stop by and play a tune! Take your picture or a video and post it to the Make Music La Crosse Facebook Event Here
- Downtown Main Street Inc.: Melody and Harmony 12:30-1:30 pm, DJ Jeremy Light 4:00-5:00 pm
- 23rd and Pine Street, La Crosse, WI: The Last Men 3:00-5:00 pm
- Hamilton Elementary/SOTA I is hosting a SOLS: Solar on La Crosse Schools event on Monday, June 21st. The band 3 Dads will be performing, along with student musicians Izzy, Rowan, Soren, and Andre from 4:00-6:00 pm
- Bluff View Park: Peter J. Kish 4:00-8:00 pm
- Riverside International Friendship Gardens: Dublin’s Daughters 7:00-8:30 pm
- Larson’s General pop in and play
- 305 S. 29th St. La Crosse, WI: Guy Herling 7:00-8:00 pm
This is an open invitation for musicians of all abilites, ages, and instruments to share their music with others where you are or at a location looking for live music on June 21, 2022
Interested in performing or hosting a performance during Make Music La Crosse 2022? Click below to sign up as a Performer or a Venue!
Email email@example.com with any questions.
2022 Listings: Tuesday, June 21st
We are grateful for every musician and location who participated in the first ever Make Music La Crosse on June 21, 2021. Together, we created a joyful, global celebration of music and community.
Thank you to AARP Wisconsin for your sponsorship of Make Music La Crosse. Brought to you by the Pump House Regional Arts Center and generous donators like you!
Get in touch with us at firstname.lastname@example.org, call the Pump House Regional Arts Center at 1-608-785-1434, or visit us in person at the Pump House Regional Arts Center, 119 King Street, La Crosse, WI.