Make Music La Crosse is a live, free musical celebration on June 21, the longest day of the year, with concerts on streets, sidewalks, and parks across the city.
Make Music Day La Crosse will be live and in person Monday, June 21st, 2021. A variety of locations across La Crosse will fill with song for everyone to enjoy! Make Music La Crosse is a free, citywide, outdoor day of music to be held annually on the summer solstice. This inaugural event is part of the larger Make Music Day, an international celebration occurring in 1,000+ cities across the globe.
Here is where you can go to listen to live music. Look for the yard signs and posters:
- Leithold Music will have a piano available for playing in front of their store, anybody is welcome to stop by and play a tune! Take your picture or a video and post it to the Make Music La Crosse Facebook Event Here
- Downtown Main Street Inc.: Melody and Harmony 12:30-1:30 pm, DJ Jeremy Light 4:00-5:00 pm
- 23rd and Pine Street, La Crosse, WI: The Last Men 3:00-5:00 pm
- Hamilton Elementary/SOTA I is hosting a SOLS: Solar on La Crosse Schools event on Monday, June 21st. The band 3 Dads will be performing, along with student musicians Izzy, Rowan, Soren, and Andre from 4:00-6:00 pm
- Bluff View Park: Peter J. Kish 4:00-8:00 pm
- The Mural at the Pump House: Old Town Dulcimers 10:30-12 pm, Craig McClelland 12-12:30 pm, James Grant 12:30-1:30 pm, One More Onion 3:00-4:00 pm, The Lavender Project 4:00-5:00 pm, Boyle and Johnson 5:30-6:00 pm, Michael Zernia 6:00-7:00 pm, Fly Casual 7:00-8:00 pm
- Riverside International Friendship Gardens: Dublin’s Daughters 7:00-8:30 pm
- Larson’s General is still hoping for some musicians to come play in front of their store (and will provide snacks, beverages, and a gift certificate to their shop to musicians who perform in their space!!)
- 305 S. 29th St. La Crosse, WI: Guy Herling 7:00-8:00 pm
AND MORE AROUND TOWN! Please contact email@example.com if you need a poster or yard sign for your performance.
This is an open invitation for La Crosse’s musicians of all levels, ages, and instruments to share their music with others- friends, neighbors, passers-by, and even other musicians! Your front yard, stoop, or porch is a great place to celebrate the longest day of the year with some music.
There will be locations throughout the city, where music can be enjoyed over the course of Monday, June 21st, 2021. There is room for the roster of musicians to grow- the last day to sign up is June 19th!
If you play the harmonica, or want to and have access to one, there are going to be lessons taught by teachers all around the world for Make Music Day all day long! You can find the full line up and Zoom links here. Contact the Pump House Regional Arts Center for a free Hohner harmonica. All you have to do is snap a picture or video of you during your lesson for us to share with Hohner, our generous sponsor of the free harmonicas.
As a gentle reminder: we are hoping that for the safety of yourself and others, those participating in any capacity are doing their best to follow the CDC guidelines.
We would be grateful to every single person and group who would be able to participate in Make Music Day, the more the merrier! Anybody who takes part will be engaged in a joyful, global celebration of music and community.
A big thank you to Jamie Groth, who has volunteered to be the sound tech, mix your performance, and provide the PA system that will be used for all acts playing at The Pump House mural. He works in professional live audio, and you will be in capable hands. Feel free to bring your own vocal microphones. Any technical advance information you’d like to share can be sent to him at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Get in touch with us at email@example.com, or stop by to visit us at the Pump House Regional Arts Center in downtown La Crosse!