10:30-1:30 – Park Place Window Serenades #windowserenades – Sign up here
12:00 pm “Bash the Trash” Video conference instrument making with early registration. Register here (Limited to 100 participants worldwide!). Live Streamed to YouTube! Live Stream Link Bash the Trash “How to Videos” Post your instrument on #bashthetrash, #makemusicday, #makemusicplatteville
12:00-1:00 Dr. Duo – City Park. (Roy Schroedl & David Minnihan)
1:00-5:00 – The Meadows in Spring Green – Window Serenades #windowserenades. Sign up here
6:00-7:00 – Unitarian Universalist Ukulele Union / Mitchell-Rountree Stone Cottage
7:00-8:00 – Open Folk Jam at the Mitchell-Rountree Stone Cottage firepit / Mitchell-Rountree Stone Cottage
Activities throughout the day:
- Live From Home Challenge: Record a musical performance at home on June 21, and tag three friends to challenge them to respond with their own performances. Live From Home. #livefromhome , #makemusicday, #makemusicplatteville
- Harmonica Lessons on line-Instruments available at Driftless Market Find a local teacher here
- Online Music Lessons: Teachers around the world will be offering free, online lessons for a variety of instruments on June 21. Check out the schedule for MANY instruments and voice here: Free lessons all day!
- Global Livestream: a day-long video stream on June 21 will show the rich diversity of live Make Music Day events around the world. Global Live Stream
- Virtual Shower Singing: Record yourself singing in the shower (fully clothed of course) and share it to the Make Music Platteville Facebook page. (Check out Josh Groban #ShowerSongs) #makemusicday, #makemusicplatteville
- 25×12 Live Online LessonsMake Music Day is the perfect opportunity to shake the dust off your instrument and start playing again, or to pick up an instrument for the first time.Need a hand? This June 21, music teachers from around the world will offer 12 hours of free, online group lessons for 25 different instruments, at a range of levels from beginning to advanced. Jump around to sample a range of instruments, or binge on 12 straight hours of your favorite. Online Lessons
- Window Serenades
- Selected nursing homes, and other facilities for vulnerable populations who are unable to leave their homes, are working with local Make Music chapters to invite solo musicians to serenade residents from outside their windows, while practicing social distancing. Residents may tape a piece of brightly colored paper to their window to request a song.
- This American Song
Questions? Contact us.