Make Music Utah is a live, free musical celebration on June 21, the longest day of the year, with concerts on streets, sidewalks, and parks across the city.
Every June 21st, Make Music Utah County helps locals celebrate their ability to make music, regardless of age, ability or preferred musical style. Completely different from a typical music festival, Make Music Utah County is open to anyone who wants to take part. Every kind of musician—young and old, amateur and professional, of every musical persuasion—pours onto streets, parks, plazas and porches to share their music with friends, neighbors, and strangers. All of it is free and open to the public.
- It all started 41 years ago in France.
- In 1982, France’s Ministry of Culture dreamed up an idea for a new kind of musical holiday. They imagined a day where free, live music would be everywhere: street corners and parks, rooftops and gardens, store fronts and mountaintops. Amazingly enough, this dream has come true. The Fête has turned into a true national holiday: France shuts down on the summer solstice and musicians take over. Almost 11% of French people (7 million people) have played an instrument or sung in public for the Fête de la Musique, and 64% of the country (43 million people) comes out each year to listen.
- Four decades later, the holiday has spread throughout the world and is now celebrated in more than 1,000 cities in 120 different countries.
- Just last year, in the U.S., there were 104 U.S. cities organized 3,819 free concerts, with over 100 each in Cincinnati, Kansas City, Madison, New York, and Salem OR…all on a single day.
Sign-up for Make Music Utah 2023 will open soon!
Completely different from a typical music festival, Make Music Day is open to anyone who wants to perform, host, learn, or teach music.
How to sign up…
If you are a Performer:
Create your profile by submitting a description of your act, photos, times you are available and any other relevant info (i.e. website/social media links). Check out the available venues and bid on one that will fits your availability. When the venue operator confirms your request, you’re good to go.
Sign Up as a Performer Now!: https://utah.makemusicday.org/
If you are a Venue:
Create a profile by submitting your location information and a description of the space. Peruse the musician profiles to request a performance, or welcome musicians to bid on your space independently. Await the confirmation of your request or confirm the performers request, then you are ready to go on June 21st!
Sign Up as a Venue Now!: https://utah.makemusicday.org/
2023 Listings: Wednesday, June 21st
March 27, 2018
Happy to say that we have finished our first batch of #MakeMusicUtahValley flyers that will be spread on all media platforms. Keep an eye out for these guys and feel free to contact us if you are interested in participating or just generally curious.
May 29, 2016
We are very proud to be a part of the Make Music Alliance this year for the 2018 event. We look forward to being a part of this great organization and bringing joy to countless others through music. If you are interested in finding out what other cities across the country, and globe are participating,Continue Reading »
April 5, 2023 – Make Music Day Returns June 21 in Worldwide Celebration of Music
April 27, 2021 “Make Music Day 2021 Returns On Monday, June 21 ,”
March 28, 2019 – NAMM -Make Music Day Returns on Friday, June 21.
June 21, 2018 – AP – Everybody’s a musician on Make Music Day
March 28, 2018 – NAMM – Make Music Day Returns on Thursday, June 21.
April 3, 2018 – Rolling Stones – Make Music Day Plots 4,500 Free Events, Concerts Nationwide
May 22, 2018 – NAMM – Make Music Day Announces Updated Schedule.
This event can’t happen without your support! Play YOUR part in a very special musical experience.
Make Music Day is a grand collaboration of musicians, music professionals, business owners, community centers, event producers and more; everyone, yes, everyone is invited! New and innovative programming concepts are encouraged. Make Music Utah is music on an extremely broad scale created by people with open minds and big hearts. The goal is to bring communities together through a very simple thing: Listening and creating art together. Music is for everyone, not just the perfect pitched elite.
When communities come together and share the experience of live performance, resentments and misunderstandings melt. They, after all, have created something together! Individuals of all ages and ethnicities will be musically engaged; doors will be opened to new experiences and ideas. When one person is inspired and educated, it enriches the culture of the whole community.
Top Reasons to Sponsor Make Music Utah County
- Reach a broad & diverse demographic.
- Support your community.
- Try something new.
- Support a musician and the arts in general.
We have a variety of opportunities.
Questions? Comments? Contact us Today!
Phone: (801) 374 – 1440
Make Music Utah
C/O: Bill Harris Music
144 West 400 South
Provo, Utah 84601