Make Music Waunakee is gearing up for 2023! Join us for a free community-wide musical celebration on June 21st and experience all of the musical talent that exists in and around our Village!
About Make Music Waunakee
Make Music Waunakee is a part of the global Make Music Day celebration that happens in over 1,000 international cities on June 21st each year. This free, village-wide, outdoor day of music, will bring musicians and music enthusiasts of all ages and talents together throughout the community to share their love of music with each other.
Unlike other music festivals, Make Music Events are free in all ways and open to anyone who wants to participate. Every type of musician — young, old, amateur, or professional, is invited out into the community to share their love of music with friends and neighbors. Events will range from live shows in the park with seasoned musicians playing well loved favorites. It can be a student performing an original song for the first time, maybe at a local coffee shop, or from their front porch. From virtual choir concerts to jam sessions, drum circles to youth programming, every kind of musical happening is welcomed!
Make Music Day isn’t just about the performers, it’s about celebrating every kind of music there is in ways that are accessible for everyone to enjoy. By far, the easiest way to participate is to get out and support your local artists by enjoying their performances and activities on June 21st, whether in-person or virtual!
Who Can Participate and How?
Musicians: All styles, ages, and experience levels are invited to register to perform! You can play one set or schedule as many shows as you like.
Venues: Whether you have a garden, pontoon boat, sidewalk, or other outdoor space in mind, it’s easy and there’s no cost to participate. Indoor spaces open to the public without a purchase necessary are also welcome (coffee shops, restaurants, boutiques, etc.)
Lessons/Activities: Schedule a drop-in freestyle session, set up guitar or piano lessons, schedule a kids dance party, or any event that involves music. You can register your venue, and schedule your own event. The possibilities are endless, so let your creativity take over!
Virtual: Post tutorials, videos of your band, or photos of the days happenings! Even host a virtual concert! Tag #MakeMusicWaunakee and we’ll share your posts, or send us information and we’ll get your show on the schedule!
- Venue & Musician Registration Opens: March 6th, 2023 at 9:00 AM
- Matchmaking Begins: March 27th, 2023 at 9:00 AM
- Registration Closes: June 15th, 2023, at 11:59 PM
- Matchmaking Ends: June 19th, 2023, 11:59 PM
What is Matchmaking?
Matchmaking is our system of connecting musicians with venues. After creating an account, venues can browse musician profiles and vice versa and participants then request a booking. Here’s a few tips:
- Don’t be shy! Feel free to send requests. It helps to put yourself out there and you can book as many shows as you want.
- Respond to requests in a timely manner. No one likes to wait to hear back. If it’s not a good fit, let the other party know so they can move on.
- Follow up! You can send direct messages through the system or reach out via phone or email.
- In the end, just about everyone who wants to participate will match up. If you need assistance, send a message to email@example.com.
Who can host?
- Is your venue located in the Village of Waunakee?
- Is it free to attend and accessible to the public?
- Can you maintain a 6′ clearance on the sidewalk for the pedestrian passage?
- Looking to claim a village park for your stage? Once you identify a park that meets your needs, email firstname.lastname@example.org to check on park availability. We’ll reserve it for you if it is still available, no permitting or fees required.
REGISTRATION NOW OPEN FOR VENUES AND MUSICIANS!
>>>> REGISTER HERE <<<<<
There is an abundance of ways that everyone in our community can participate in Make Music Day. Make Music Day isn’t just about the performers, it’s about celebrating every kind of music there is in ways that are accessible to everyone. By far, the easiest way to participate is to get out and support your local artists by enjoying their performances and activities on June 21st.
If you need assistance with registration, please email email@example.com and we will help get you matching!
Who else is taking part?
Over 3 venues, including:
Meadowbrook Park -- Village Park Gazebo -- Waunakee Public Library
The most effective way to support Make Music Waunakee is to get signed up! Whether it’s as a venue, a performer, an instructor or other type of musical participant, this day is all about sharing and enjoying music as a community, both virtually and in-person.
>>>> REGISTER HERE <<<<<
Interested in becoming a sponsor to help us provide an even more exciting Make Music Day experience? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for details on sponsorship opportunities and benefits.
Have questions, comments or need help with using the site?
Phone: (608) 850-2182